Applying for a Grant
The Grants and Research Office (GRO) consults with investigators on all aspects of grant-funded research, from grant application to conducting an investigation and analyzing data. Listed below are the recommended steps for starting the grant application process as a U-M School of Nursing researcher.
Step 1 - Contact GRO
A faculty member interested in grant-funded research should complete a Notice of Intent to Submit Grant Proposal Form.
Step 2 - Consult with GRO
GRO will notify the faculty member to schedule a Proposal Planning meeting to discuss:
- Reviewing proposal guidelines and restrictions
- Creating a submission timeline
- Planning the components of a grant proposal
- Developing a budget
- Outlining an analytic plan (see the Statistical Assistance page)
- Coordinating scientific team mock reviews
Step 3 - Write/Submit the Grant
GRO provides support and assistance every step of the way to ensure proper and prompt application submission. They identify and provide resources for all aspects of an application, including:
- GRO Grant Resources (CTools Site)
- Grant Writing and Editing Resources
- NIH eCommons User Registration Instructions
For additional support resources outside of GRO, visit U-M Research Resources.