Overview & Mission
The Office of Global Outreach (GO) at the U-M School of Nursing was established to facilitate the fulfillment of the School's tri-partite mission of teaching, research and service through global activities and partnerships. GO fosters the involvement of the School in selected global initiatives that strengthen its overall mission, and supports individual faculty/student initiatives in the international arena.
Major Functions of the Office of Global Outreach
- Provide leadership in developing the discipline and disciplinary knowledge within a global community
- Promote a climate that enhances awareness and understanding of nursing, health care needs and resources in other countries
- Foster the development of global perspectives on the part of all teaching, research and service activities
- Promote the strengthening of global content and experiences in School of Nursing programs
- Establish linkages and partnerships between and among faculty and students from the School of Nursing, selected international academic institutions, and other relevant disciplines and agencies
- Promote the preparation of nurse scientists and leaders to work effectively in a global environment
- Help evolve the School of Nursing into a significant global resource, sought by colleagues worldwide for scholarly and educational partnerships
Additionally, GO serves as the coordinating office for the following initiatives:
- World Health Organization (WHO) Collaborating Center
- Peace Corps Partnerships
- International Visiting Scholars Program
Please visit the "People" page to find out who supports the Office of Global Outreach in the School of Nursing.