Michelle Pardee, DNP, FNP-BC
University of Michigan School of Nursing
426 North Ingalls Building
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-2003
Scholarly Expertise / Activity
- Runaway and homeless adolescents
- Human trafficking
- Trauma-informed care
- Interprofessional education & practice
The focus of Dr. Pardee's clinical scholarship is adolescent medicine, with her primary interests centering around healthcare for runaway and homeless adolescents, trauma-informed care, as well as human trafficking. Acting on these interests, she currently practices in a school-linked health center.
Current Research Grants and Programs:
- Gilbert Whittaker Fund, Center for Research on Learning and Teaching
- National Center for Interprofessional Practice and Education
- University of Michigan CRLT Faculty Development Grant
Ms. Pardee teaches in first and second year graduate level clinical courses with AGPCNP, FNP, and PCPNP students, as well as in the interprofessional team-based decision making course. In addition to her classroom work, she serves as a clinical preceptor for graduate students at the Taylor Teen Health Clinic where she currently practices. As an instructor, Dr. Pardee's pedagogy centers around the idea that everyone is capable of learning and that it is her job to adapt her teaching strategies so that can happen. In addition, she believe that showing her passion for nursing and the nurse practitioner profession is important to motivating and educating future nurse practitioners.
Affiliations / Service
- Michigan Primary Care Consortium: Board of Directors 1/2015 – 12/2017, Secretary/Treasurer, Executive Committee 1/2017-1/2019
- Member, Michigan Council of Nurse Practitioners
- Member, National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculty
- Member, Society for Adolescent Health & Medicine
- Member, American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP)
- Member, American Interprofessional Health Collaborative (AIHC)
- Member, Executive Committee, University of Michigan Center for Interprofessional Education
Notable Awards / Honors
- 2015 U-M Provost's Teaching Innovation Prize: IPE clinical decision-making course
- DNP, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI, 2011
- MS, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, 1995
- BSN, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, 1988
- Pardee, M., Munro-Kramer, M., Bigelow, A., Dahlem, G. (2016). Identifying domestic minor sex trafficking. The Clinical Advisor, June 2016 issue, 26-31 (available online May 13, 2016 as “Domestic minor sex trafficking: missed clinical opportunities).
- Munro-Kramer, M.; Fava, N, M.; Banerjee, T.; Darling-Fisher, C, S.; Pardee, M; Villarruel, A, M.; Martyn, K. K. (2016). The Effect of a Youth-Centered Sexual Risk Event History Calendar (SREHC) Assessment on Sexual Risk Attitudes, Intentions, and Behavior. Journal of Pediatric Health Care.
- Moss, A., Laustsen, G., Pardee, M., Becker, D., Avadhani, A., Inman, D., George, N., Buchholz, S. (2016). NONPF Faculty Practice Toolkit. Washington, DC: National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculty (NONPF).