Marie-Anne Sanon Rosemberg
Marie-Anne Sanon Rosemberg, PhD, RN
University of Michigan School of Nursing
400 North Ingalls Building
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-5482
Scholarly Expertise / Activity
- Worker health
- Immigrant health
- Biological responses to Stressors
- Chronic disease outcome
Dr. Rosemberg received a PhD in Nursing from the University of Washington with an emphasis on occupational health. Her program of research focuses on optimizing the health of low wage service workers at risk for or experiencing one or multiple chronic conditions.
Current Research Grants and Programs:
- Allostatic Load and Health Risks of Hotel Housekeepers and Hotel Laundry Workers; CDC-UM-COHSE T42 OH008455 (PI)
- Blood pressure levels and Work-Related Conditions Associated with Blood Pressure Among Hotel Housekeepers (Lucille and Clayton Clark Faculty Research Fund; PI)
- Effectiveness of a Workplace Wellness Program on Blood Pressure and Blood Pressure Related Complications (Michigan Association of Occupational Health Nursing; PI)
Notable Awards / Honors
- Recipient, National Institute of Health Loan Repayment Program, 2014 and 2016 cycles
- Nurse Researcher Award, Washington State Nurses Association (WSNA), Professional Nursing and Health Care Council, 2013
- PhD, University of Washington Seattle, Seattle, WA, 2012
- MN, University of Washington Tacoma, Tacoma, WA, 2010
- BSN, University at Buffalo, State University of New York, Buffalo, NY, 2006
- Rosemberg, M.A., Y. Li, and J. Seng, Allostatic Load: A useful concept for advancing nursing research. Journal of Clinical Nursing, In press.
- Evans-Agnew, R., Boutain, D., & Rosemberg M.A (2016, in press). Advancing Nursing Research in the Visual Era: Re -Envisioning the Photovoice Process across Phenomenological, Grounded Theory and Critical Theory Methodologies. Advances In Nursing Science
- Wilson, D., Rosemberg, M-A.S., Visovatti, M.., Munro-Kramer, M. (in press). Career Cartography: The Journey to Science and Scholarship. Journal of Nursing Scholarship
- Rosemberg, M.A., Lawrence-Johnson, V., Rostan, O., & McCullagh, M. (2016) Significant associative factors for hypertension among new US Immigrants: An exploration of the 2003 New Immigrant Survey (NIS) data. Journal of Community & Public Health Nursing 2 (118): 1-5
- Rosemberg, M.A.S., Boutain D.M., & Mohammed S.A. (2016). Transnationalism: A framework for advancing nursing research with contemporary immigrants. Advances in Nursing Science, 39(1), E19-E28
- Evans-Agnew, R.A., & Rosemberg, M.A.S. (2016). Questioning photovoice research: Whose voice? Qualitative Health Research, 1-12
- Rosemberg, M-A. S., McCullagh M.C, & Nordstrom M. (2015). Farm and rural adolescents' perspective on hearing conservation: Reports from a focus group study. Noise & Health 17(76): 134-140.
- McCullagh, M. C., & Rosemberg, M-A. (2015). Social Desirability Bias in Self-Reporting of Hearing Protector Use among Farm Operators. Annals of Occupational Hygiene, mev046.
- McCullagh, M.C., Sanon, M-A., & Foley, M.S., (2015). Cultural health practices of migrant seasonal farmworkers. Journal of Cultural Diversity, 22(2); 64-67
- Sanon, M-A., & Tsai, J. H.-C. (2014). Connecting gender, race, class, and immigration status to disease management. Journal of Health Disparities Research and Practice, 7(5), 13-31.
- McCullagh, M.C., Sanon, M-A., & Cohen, M.A. (2014). Strategies to enhance participant recruitment and retention in research involving a community-based population. Applied Nursing Research pii: S0897-1897(14).
- Evans-Agnew, R., Sanon, M-A., Boutain, D. (2014). Critical research methodologies and social justice issues: A methodological example using photovoice. Philosophies and practices of emancipatory nursing: Social justice as praxis. P. N. Kagan, M. C. Smith and P. L. Chinn, Routledge.
- Sanon, M-A., Evans-Agnew, R.A., Boutain, D.M. (2014). An exploration of social justice intent in photovoice research studies: From 2008-2013. Nursing Inquiry (3): 212-216
- Sanon, M-A., Spigner, C., McCullagh, M.C. (2014). Transnationalism and hypertension self-management among Haitian immigrants. Journal of Transcultural Nursing: 1-10.
- Sanon, M-A., Mohammed, S. A., & McCullagh, M. C. (2014). Definition and Management of Hypertension Among Haitian Immigrants: A Qualitative Study.Journal of Health Care for the Poor and Underserved, 25(3), 1067.
- Sanon, M-A. (2014). Agency-hired hotel housekeepers: An at-risk group for adverse health outcomes. Workplace Safety & Health (formerly AAOHN Journal) 62(2): 81-85
- Sanon, M-A. (2013). Hotel housekeeping work influences on hypertension management. American Journal of Industrial Medicine, 56(12), 1402-1413.