Amber L. Dallwig
Amber L. Dallwig, MSN, RN
University of Michigan School of Nursing
400 North Ingalls Building
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-5482
Scholarly Expertise / Activity
- Community Health
- Population Health
- Interprofessional Education
- Gerontology and Care Transitions
- Global Health
Dallwig’s areas of expertise focus on the community with an emphasis on Interprofessional Education. She has formed partnerships with Community Programs and Services, Medical School, Pharmacology School and Physical Therapy School in Flint. The partnerships are to increase collaboration with hospital, clinic and community education and resources. She has published scholarship in areas such as transitions, global health and international videoconferencing as well as in interprofessional education. She also studies transitions of care in the community through services provided by non-profit organizations.
Current Research Grants and Programs:
- Immersion experience in India in 2015 and 2016, Presidential India Initiative Grant through the Vice Provost for Global and Engaged Education, University of Michigan, awarded April 2014.
Dallwig’s primary teaching is at the undergraduate level in community health nursing. She has been the clinical instructor for N456 (Community Health Nursing) since 2010. She leads lectures, seminars and workshops surrounding theory and clinical practice of all types of community health and population health topics. She co-led an immersion program in Community Health in Delhi, India for three years. Additionally, she taught Gerontology at Madonna University for over three years in Care Management of the Older Adult.
Affiliations / Service
- Interprofessional Leadership Fellow, 2016
- Medical Reserve Corp (MRC) Monroe County, 2012-present
- Member, Association of Community Health Nurse Educators, 2010-present
- Co-chair, Communication Committee, Association of Community Health Nurse Educators, 2013-present
- Sigma Theta Tau member 1996-present
- MSN, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI 1994
- BSN, Mercy College of Detroit, Detroit, MI 1982